@emilyamedina

Monday, February 27, 2017

groovy ones post





Figuring things out
Emily A. Medina


10 December 2016

I’ve been taught that I can really do anything as long as I put my mind to it and focus on what is important. I have accomplished many of the goals this year that I couldn’t be more happy about. I couldn't have done it without my friends and family that have helped me through it.

The instability of the world helped me gain enough stability to be my own anchor. The events that took place, such as terror attacks and other disasters, have taught me to never be afraid to show love and to cherish those whom have shown me the same loving understanding. At the end of the day, our choices are our own.

People should love you because you are you not because it’s convenient for them.

I finally did something for myself and working towards your own happiness is what brings true happiness.


17510020.JPG

17510022.JPG


Earlier in the day, I asked a few of my closest friends to weigh on how 2016 treated them and what this past year has taught them. The answers varied depending on age, situation and free time, but they all came out the same. The quotes above are just a few sentences from each of the responses that really stood out. Every year, you learn something new. What you have learned might be about yourself, the people around you, the world around you. The problem is, we don’t learn from the years and sometimes forget the life lessons time has put right in front of you. Personally, I am not a quote kind of person, but the following is a quote that has followed me throughout my life, every year, and still holds true.

“The two most important days in your life is the day you were born and the day you figure out why”


17510014.JPG

In this next year, if you still haven’t figured it all out, you’re just like the rest of us. We’re all just trying to figure it out.
-Photos and text by Emily A. Medina

No comments:

Post a Comment